Where have you been??
We’ve been having a pretty busy summer.
Nick’s been very busy taking his first course towards his Master’s degree. Yaay! Go Nick! You’re awesome! *UPDATE: course 1 complete. Grade: A
I’ve been teaching summer school and thinking of the many projects that we still have to do on the house.
- Painting the living room
- Furnishing the living room (thanks to all the wonderful relatives who donated their old furniture!)
- Painting the hallways (upstairs and down)
- Furnishing the dining area (thanks, again, to relatives)
- Painting the master bedroom
- Ridding the back yard of its garden of weeds
- Making some sunlight in the back yard (big thanks to friends and relatives who helped with branches)
- Weeding/planting in the front “garden” (“garden” (n) a rock with flowers around it)
- Patio Table (thanks to Target’s end-of-season sale!)
See? We were super busy! Though I’m sure we could have done more but it got a little too hot to paint.
Still T0-Do (though I’m sure we’ll be adding to it forever)
- Kitchen/Dining Area
- Paint walls and ceilings (this will involve removing the beautiful wallpaper backsplash)
- Cabinets (paint?? probably. white? green? two colors?)
- Countertops (concrete? as seen here)
- Deep clean the grout on the kitchen floor (it should be white…it’s brown)
- Toilets (though we like the 20-gallon toilets, they seem a little inefficient. Plus they’re beige)
- Mirrors (the current mirrors take up the entire wall. they will be used elsewhere)
- Sinks/vanities (our tiny bathroom needs a much smaller sink. one day we will upgrade the upstairs vanity)
- Floor (right now the floors are the vinyl peel-and-stick tiles. blue and black. super gross and dirty and puckered)
- Vent- needs to be vented outside not into the attic
- Both spare bedrooms need to be painted (walls and ceilings)
- Office furniture
- Guest room needs it’s closet doors fixed (I broke the stupid things)
- Curtains in both
- Attic crawl space door needs to be insulated (probably one of the most important to-dos)
- Master anti-sink area needs its painting job to be finished
- Replace the bulkhead (probably a good idea to do this before the fall when it gets pretty rainy)
- storage racks (Sam’s Club supposedly has some good ones) *Update: these were purchased and awaiting Nick’s rack-building expertise
- flooring (we’re thinking the mats that clip/fit together)
- Make more light in the backyard (more tree & branch cutting)
- Get rid of the beautiful chain-link fence that borders the woods
- New Mailbox (ours is very dented-so much so that the flag doesn’t stand up)
Yeah. That’s pretty much it. We still have TONS to do but we’re hoping to be here for a while so we have plenty of time. And I’m sure every time we cross something off our list we will add something else. This has become what we do now. Well, this and watching Dr. Who.